My Family

My Family
Christmas Day is always Joyful!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Old pictures!






I LOVE old pictures.  I love to figure them out see what I know for certain.  Is that a strange hobby? Perhaps but "whoreallycares"!!!!!  Wait a minute, whore ally cares???????  Oh boy!  Who really cares?  Who really reads my blog? NOBODY!!  So all is good :)

I really have to add about these old pictures I stole, that I love "PRETTY" old pictures, the ones that touch me in some way or other.  The top one here has to be one of my favorite of all time ones!  Isn't she beautiful? The flowers and the stair railing...BEAUTIFUL!! The photo flows....it just does.
The next pic is also a wedding picture.  I think it's before the wedding.  Her hair is too perfect.  I can not imagine how long she had to hold the pose for.  Wow she must have a sore neck!  The next wedding pic, well, TALK ABOUT SORE NECKS!!  Maybe that's why she looks totally ,miserable.  The guy is kinda handsome but you would have thought he would have clipped his stache a bit, and perhaps he is missing a hat??  Maybe its his mother and not a wedding?  She looks quite a bit older.  I wish the pic was clearer as it would be nice to see what he is holding?
Now for the DAPPER DUDES!   DUDLEY, DARWIN, DOUGLAS, DERWIN AND DAMMIT I FORGOT HIS NAME!!  Ohh I could have so much fun with this pic!!  Dudley, on the far left looks to be the leader of them all, kind of a  cocky look on his face.  Darwin and Douglas look totally bored...too much opium perhaps..  You know, Dougie is a real LOOKER!!!  Dammit's having a bad hair day for sure..maybe that's why they gave him the frilly chair; just to make his day worse!  Derwin?  He sort of looks like Abraham Lincoln...at least he wore a bow tie!  He's a looker too, just in a different way, a bit stunned maybe.  I am pretty sure they aren't related...I wonder if bankers back then were allowed hair on their faces?
The last pic is only part of the pic.  The boy, I am assuming, has the most beautiful hair.  It drew me in.  He looks like his mother.  Mom's got a death grip on the little one who looks to be a bit rambunctious as all little kids are.  Weird tie?? Maybe it is a girl?  I LIKE them...I wonder why I am drawn to them....

3 comments:

  1. What lovely photos! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and signing up to follow my creative ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics. I smile because I am reading the book The Hatbox Letters by Canadian Author Beth Powning...there is a similar vibe in this post:) I think you would like her book if you have ot read it! Thank-you for commenting so I could 'meet' another fellow-Canadian, and enjoy your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janet! I definitely will check that book out! Thank you kindly :)

    ReplyDelete